MarketingVox berichtet über eine interessante Studie:
Quick and easy — and more transparent — email subscription processes are a major recent trend, according to a study of the email newsletters of top online retailers by the Direct Marketing Association’s Email Experience Council (EEC), conducted by RetailEmail.Blogspot, writes MarketingCharts.
- 28 percent of retailers offer more than one email content selection, ranging from two to 50.
- Less than a mere 7 percent of retailers tell subscribers how many emails to expect.
- Nearly 12 percent of retailers offer plain-text versions of e‑newsletters during sign-up.
- Just 3 percent of major online retailers use double-opt-in.
- 92 percent of retailers have an email sign-up form or link on their homepage.
- Some 43 percent of retailers allow customers to sign up for email with one click from their homepage.
- Subscriber name (31 percent) and ZIP code (18 percent) were the two most often required pieces of information.